Last Sunday was Mid-Autumn Festival. It’s the 15th of the 8th Lunar month according to the Chinese Lunar Calendar that the Vietnamese also follow.
This year, I stayed in Vung Tau instead of going to HCMC or Singapore. After Mass, I was going around the city when I came across this troupe of Lion dancers doing a performance to a group of children in a park.
The children were all excited by the performance, all wanting to pet the lions and to “feed” them (stuffing money into their “mouths”)
- Mid autumn festival (anuggetofjoy.wordpress.com)
- Mid Autumn. (whitefishandthingsblog.com)
- Lions and Dragons and Lanterns oh my! (anmm.wordpress.com)
- Mid Autumn Festival arrives at Chinese Museum (foodtrail.wordpress.com)
- In 2012, China’s Mid-Autumn Festival on September 29-30 (earthsky.org)
- Mid-Autumn Festival in Cambodia (hippiejourney.com)
- Happy Mid Autumn Festival! (lijiun.wordpress.com)