Taken 31 July 2011 | @50mm | f/1.4 | 1/500 sec | ISO 200
Tropical storm Nock-Ten hit Vietnam over the weekend, after wrecking havoc in the Philippines. Although the main impact is in the north and central, south Vietnam also suffered 2 days of strong winds and rain.
The newspaper reports little damage, just that many trees were uprooted in HCMC, compared to the 2 lives that were lost to the storm in the north.
The storm however did not deter some people from their usual routine, I took a picture of this woman going back from the market, riding in the heavy rain.
- Travel Thursday – Storm over Saigon Centre (anthonli.wordpress.com)
- Cam Phone Tuesday – Nock-Ten Casualty (anthonli.wordpress.com)
- Tropical storm kills 1 in Vietnam, 50 in the Philippines (ctv.ca)
- Vietnam to evacuate nearly 300,000 as storm nears (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Tropical Storm Nock-ten kills 1 person in Vietnam (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Vietnam to evacuate nearly 300,000 as storm nears (sfgate.com)